Born: November 11, 1974, Los Angeles, US | Successful For: Actor, Environmentalist | Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Inner Keys to Success:
- FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN: Leonardo DiCaprio continues to pursue in many heroic deeds that he stands for as he brought worldwide attention to his concern for global warming. He has donated thousands of dollars for the victims of tragedies, like the hurricane relief, the tsunami, and 9/11. A huge environmentalist who stated “I am joining WWF and others calling on Thailand’s government to show leadership by shutting down it’s ivory market.” Leo also encouraged others to minimize air pollution by utilizing cars that run off of water or electricity. He openly supported John Kerry in the 2004 election going around 11 states and delivering more than 20 speeches about the environment and how the Bush Administration has damaged it. Leo shows us that you can truly make an impact and a difference if you really want to. You just have to be determined enough to fight for it!
- DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE & PASSION: DiCaprio decided to be an actor as a young kid as he enjoyed entertaining others whether it was acting or even writing poetry and short stories. “I was always the kid in school who tried to get attention, not necessarily the class clown, but I’d do little unexpected performances.” He landed his big first gig on TV series Growing Pains where he flourish in his role as a young teen. According to NewYork Times, the up-and-coming star literally stated the following, “I knew I didn’t want to be one of the set things they said I should be at school, Doctor, lawyer, blah blah blah.” In simple terms, he didn’t want to settle for a job that didn’t interest him, rather he wanted to do something he’d actually have a deep desire for. He openly admitted “School, I never truly got the knack of, I could never focus on things I didn’t want to learn.” It’s fair to say, Leo only focuses on the things that HE enjoys.
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT: He did things his own way. Even though his agent told him to change his name to American-friendly Lenny Williams because ‘Leonardo DiCaprio’ wasn’t marketable, he turned down the advice and took his career into his own hands while staying true to himself. This was only at age 10! He even beat 400 other actors to land his part in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? The Inception star has an enormous level of self worth, and as a result Leo became one of the highest paid actors in the world.
“If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.”
– Leonardo DiCaprio
Little Known Success Fact:
Named after the famous Leonardo Da Vinci, which came from his German mother, as she felt her unborn baby kick while standing in front of a painting of the great artist in Florence. Leo’s not afraid to admit that he’s a mommy’s boy too as he has even took her with him to awards shows as his date. Be confident in who you are and what you are about.
“Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever.” -Leonardo DiCaprio
Inspired by Leo, checkout his biography by clicking below:
- Image:(Creative Commons) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/LeonardoDiCaprioNov08.jpg – http://flickr.com/photos/chaubaby/3008236465/
- Image:(Creative Commons) http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Leonardo-DiCaprio-and-Mom-Irmelin-600×450.jpg