Born: June 4, 1975, L.A, California US | Successful For: Actress, Humanitarian | Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Inner Keys to Success:
- WHEN YOU FEEL INTUITION CALLING, ACT: She followed her intuitive nudges and fell in love with acting when she was taken to movies often with her mother as a child. She did not hesitate or ponder, but rather pursued in what she enjoyed. Once stating “I don’t believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” She believes in acting on impulse to do something, she doesn’t wait, instead she applies right away, she states there’s nothing she’s waiting for because she does it as soon as it comes to her mind.
- GIVING, THE ULTIMATE KEY TO SUCCESS: Angelina Jolie understands that giving is the ultimate key to a fulfilling life. Although she’s gone through her ups and downs, Jolie has found true happiness in helping the world as she states “I just started to see the world as it really is and it completely shocked me and changed my opinion on everything… on life and my values and certainly my own sense of self.” She is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissions for Refugees (UNHCR), and as a result has been on many trips to 3rd world countries to help causes and aid the poor. The part-actress, part-humanitarian, being an example to everyone around the world that helping people is what makes life worthwhile, Angelina Jolie knows that pursuing your goals is not enough, you must also give back if you want to be truly successful.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF: At age 14, Jolie dropped out of school and took a dark path wearing all black clothes and experimenting with knife cutting (which she later stated it helped her therapeutically). She likes to be free and not bottle things up; she gets to understand things a lot faster this way! When she played a sociopath in one of her earlier films called Girl, Interrupted it gave Angie the ability to express some of her deeper emotions and face her demons as she began to realize through her role that everyone has a little crazy side. Angie learned that being normal and being weird were not too far off, in fact being who you are is most important, and if weird is who you are, don’t be afraid to be yourself!
“If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me” – Angelina Jolie
Little Known Success Fact:
Angelina Jolie makes good use of her money, she has donated $1 million to Haiti, $1 million to Afghan refugees and has also helped in the wildlife community, donating $5 million to set up a wildlife sanctuary. Rightfully, in 2005 she was awarded the Global Humanitarian Award.
Find Angelina Jolie inspiring? Click below to read reviews or purchase her most popular books and bio’s:
- Image: (Creative Commons) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angelina_Jolie_Cannes_2011.jpg “Angelina Jolie Cannes 2011” by Georges Biard – Own work.
- Image: (Creative Commons) http://www.flickr.com/photos/15237218@N00/345600348 www.swiss-image.ch/Photo by Andy Mettler http://images.cdn.fotopedia.com/flickr-345600348-original.jpg
- Image: Posted by Philipp Von Ostau via creative commons