Born: May 19, 1981, Quebec, Canada | Successful For: UFC Fighter | Zodiac Sign: Taurus
“In fighting, in evolution, in life, efficiency is the key, it’s not the most powerful animal that survives. It’s the most efficient.”
Inner Keys to Success:
- MASTER YOUR ART TO PERFECTION: George St Pierre believes in continuously growing on your skills and perfecting them to the nines. Pierre’s training routine far exceeds most of his opponents. When GSP trains, he does so with people whom he believes are better than him; “I always train with better wrestlers than me, better boxers than me, better jujitsu guys than me”. Training like this keeps GSP in tip-top condition so that he is so well prepared to win every fight. “It’s hard to become champion. And it’s even harder to stay champion. Right now, I’m the target. Everybody wants to take my place. I know what it takes to be champion and I don’t plan to let go of my title anytime soon. I’m not fighting to be champion anymore. I’m fighting for a legacy.”
- FIND THE OPPORTUNITY IN ADVERSITY: He used his problems to motivate him to become a somebody. In school, GSP was bullied and kids even stole his stuff but the young champ did something about it by taking karate lessons. Taking these lessons is where he found his life’s calling to become a UFC fighter. Every problem has an opportunity and when you find that opportunity it will guide you to a better life.
- MENTAL PREPARATION: George St Pierre has the right mentality to succeed. Pierre is known as one of the humblest fighters in the sport and this type of attitude is what keeps him motivated to be at the top of his game. He never sees himself as the best which makes him always want to strive to become better. He is known for being more aware and aligned due to his passion for philosophy and psychology. This knowledge and self-awareness that GSP became indulged with has taken a former garbage man to becoming one of the best pound for pound fighters on the globe.
“A lot of guys are really good to talk. They make things very interesting when they talk. When things start to get hard. That’s where they break”
Little Known Success Fact:
GSP is a true nerd at heart, once considered a career in palaeontology instead of fighting. He has a strong passion for sciences, and states that on his time off he would rather watch the Discovery channel than sports events. George St Pierre is also a big fan of philosophy and psychology and claims most of his friends are science nerds like himself.
New York Times best selling book on GSP, click below to read the review:
- Image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_St-Pierre
- Image Source: (Creative Comments) “GeorgeStPierre” by Ryan Mallard https://www.flickr.com/people/scienceduck/
- Image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_St-Pierre#mediaviewer/File:GeorgeStPierre.jpg