Born: January 29, 1954, Mississippi, US | Successful For: Entrepreneur, Philanthropist | Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Inner Keys to Success:
- YOU ONLY GET WHAT YOU GIVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY: The more Oprah gives, the more she gets. Oprah is known for giving in surmountable ways to people all over the world. She has donated to so many charities as she understands the principle of giving from the heart. She gives in all shapes and forms, whether it’s giving advice and wisdom, or helping others get back up on their feet or even giving away free cars, Oprah is a very generous giver. “I don`t think you ever stop giving. I really don`t. I think it`s an on going process. And it`s not just about being able to write a check. It`s being able to touch somebody`s life.” This type of attitude and ability that Oprah possesses is very inspiring to others too as she encourages others; “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”. This universal law of “the more you give, the more you get” is very apparent in many successors, and Oprah is no exception.
- FIND YOUR BURNING DESIRE AND MAKE IT TOP PRIORITY: “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” Oprah found something she loved, she amounted all her energy to fulfilling her destiny. When she joined the school speech team when she was a junior, she realized public speaking gave her a different special kind of fire. Finding and fulfilling her passion allowed Oprah to get to the level of success, she is today. She was a rebellious teen growing up, but everything seemed to change once she recognized her fascination for public speaking and ultimately inspiring others. Oprah totally understands and is a great example of the principle of doing what you love. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” Oprah remains completely true to her integrity and most importantly, her heart.
- “TURN YOUR WOUNDS INTO WISDOM”- Oprah Winfrey: Through all the rough patches that occurred in her life, whether it was being raped and abused, being pregnant at a young age, and running away from home, Oprah learned compassion from her own personal struggles and used it as a way to help others. Oprah’s Dad had made her read numerous books which affected her success in a dramatic way; she states that “When I was a young girl growing up in Mississippi, I would have never known that anything existed other than the poverty I lived in if it weren’t for the books I read.” This allowed Oprah to focus on where she wanted to go, and not where she was from. And remember, she beat all the odds in the entertainment industry being that she wasn’t the typical look: blonde hair blue eyes super skinny. During her rise to fame it was not usual for women to host talk shows and she sort of paved the way for others. She certainly had the grit, and she never got thrown off, better yet Oprah says it best “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength”.
“Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.“ – Oprah Winfrey
Little Known Success Fact:
In 1993, thanks to Oprah’s incredible support and persistence, President Bill Clinton signed the National Child Protection Act or what many call the Oprah bill, which gives parents the affirmation that their children are not being taken care of by criminals by creating a huge database of child abusers. And so hungry for changes, in 2008, Oprah constantly encouraged her audiences to assist her in creating the Combating Child Exploitation bill which was eventually passed by the senator, who received loads of letter’s, emails and phone calls from her inspired viewers. Oprah’s own childhood struggles motivated her to make these important transformations in society as she once noted “Turn your wounds into wisdom”.
- Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwpkommunikacio/8208770632/
- Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwpkommunikacio/8207682683/