Born: December 30, 1984, Ohio, United States | Successful For: NBA Star | Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Inner Keys to Success:
- DON’T LET THE HATERS THROW YOU OFF COURSE, STAY FOCUSED: LeBron had such a high level of hate thrown his way for leaving to Miami, initially Lebron did not respond to it well which probably resulted in not winning the NBA Championship that year. In an interview with ESPN, James admitted he got caught up in the hype. But it was when he refreshed his vision and he stopped believing he was the so called villain that tabloids were making him out to be, that he finally won his first NBA title. It was only until he understood that distractions lead to wasted energy that he conquered his hardware.
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH UP-LIFTERS: “The Chosen One” grew up around encouraging people. His mother raised him exceptionally well and taught him how to always keep a positive mindset no matter what was thrown at him. His coach Walker further taught him how to be razor sharp disciplined and how to maintain good work ethics. Walker’s son also enjoyed playing sports; he became a great up lifter and friend for LeBron, as the pair helped one another improve and ultimately succeed. His own personal benchmark hero was Michael Jordan, and he modeled much of #23’s game play so much so that he was often compared to him in his starting years. Being surrounded by the right people is a humongous step closer to the life you’ve always dreamed of.
- REDIRECT YOUR MIND & EMOTIONS: LeBron James played basketball as a way to shift his emotions and free his mind. He was raised in a very rough neighborhood with lots of crime and poverty. His mother was 16 when she had him and his biological father was an ex-con who was uninterested in being a real father figure, and Gloria raised LeBron on her own. While wrestling with life’s challenges, basketball was a means to taking his mind off of reality and shifting his attention and focus to the game which he would learn to perfect. It’s amazing how much “King James” has accomplished through all the dark moments and rough patches that entered his life, and how he truly triumphed from rags to riches through his deep desired passion for the game he has always loved. He would escape reality and deliver some of the most exciting and memorable performances we’ve come to know.
“A friend told me ‘I guess you gotta go through a lot of nightmares, before you finally, you know, accomplish your dreams.” – Lebron James
Little Known Success Fact:
For LeBron, it was really great living with the Walkers because he formed a very close friendship with Frankie Jr. The two ran with four other boys and together they formed a very solid team on the basketball court called The Fighting Irish. This team served to be a pinnacle key to LeBron’s future as he found companionship, learned teamwork and realized how much he wanted to make it to the big leagues.
“As a kid, we would drive up and down 77 North – that’s our highway – there would be office buildings on the side of the highway and I’d be like, that’s what my house is going to look like when I get older. I’m going to start making my house look like this.” – Lebron James
Inspired by LeBron James, here’s some exceptional books from Amazon, click to see the reviews:
- Image: (Creative Commons) “Dwyane Wade and LeBron James” by Keith Allison from Owings Mills, USA – Dwyane Wade an LeBron James. https://www.flickr.com/photos/27003603@N00
- Image: (Creative Commons) “LeBron James 3408968580” by Keith Allison from Baltimore, USA – LeBron James. https://www.flickr.com/people/27003603@N00